Icons on my desktop security question?

22...@tutamail.com

Apr 18, 2019, 3:42:23 PM4/18/19
to qubes-users
Rookie question:

1) Why I didn't discover this before I don't know, simply drag the program from the Qubes drop down menu onto the desktop i.e. drag "Fedora-dvm-Firefox" or any other app program onto the desktop for easy access.

Does this impact my Qubes security? It asked if I want to execute this program the first time I use the icon, clicked "Yes"...

Pretty slick feature...

js...@bitmessage.ch

Apr 19, 2019, 4:43:50 PM4/19/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
22...@tutamail.com:
Yea having shortcuts for frequently used apps on my desktop definitely
helps usability for me too. I can't think of any security implications
for this, since an attacker shouldn't be able to execute them unless
they have access to dom0 anyway, but i'm not an expert!

When xfce asks if you want to execute the shortcut you should be able to
just mark it executable so it doesn't ask again.

--
Jackie