Needed Packages for sys-usb on Fedora-minimal

Fabrizio Romano Genovese

Oct 4, 2016, 8:23:56 AM10/4/16
to qubes-users
Hello everyone,

I have installed the fedora-24-minimal template and I'm loving it. I'm using it as the underlying template in my Netvm and FirewallVM, I just followed the guide on Qubes website and everything went well. I'd like to do the same for my sys-usb vm but I'm clearly missing something, since if I plug a USB key in it doesn't get recognized. Any suggestion about what packages may I need for a smooth usb experience on this template?

Thanks for your help,
Fab

entr0py

Oct 4, 2016, 11:09:24 AM10/4/16
to Fabrizio Romano Genovese, qubes-users
Fabrizio Romano Genovese:
The minimal template is great! Had the same issue: https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2018

I can't test F24 but I assume that usbVM still has a perl dependency since the issue is still open.
(sudo dnf install perl)

You may optionally want to install qubes-input-proxy-sender as well.

Fabrizio Romano Genovese

Oct 5, 2016, 5:04:38 AM10/5/16
to qubes-users
Ok, I figured out what the problem was: I was trying to use my phone as a usb storage in mtp mode. To do that you also need the package gvfs-mtp.