Consider making tax deductable donations possible in the EU

Lorenzo Lamas

May 9, 2020, 2:17:09 PM5/9/20
to qubes-users
Whonix Project has partnered up with the CCT (Center for the Cultivation of Technology, which is a charitable non-profit host organization in Germany for international Free Software projects.)
This makes it possible for all EU citizens to deduct donations from 500 EUR and up from their taxes. If Qubes project does the same, it may result in more donations for the project.

 https://forums.whonix.org/t/european-union-eu-wide-tax-deductible-donations-to-whonix-are-now-possible/9389
https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Donate/Tax-Deductible

Michael Carbone

May 10, 2020, 4:26:02 PM5/10/20
to Lorenzo Lamas, qubes-...@googlegroups.com, qubes-users
thanks for letting me/us know Lorenzo! I'd been in talks with CCT when
they first started but they had told me to wait until they were finished
getting set up. sounds like they are taking projects now, I'll email them.

--
Michael Carbone

Qubes OS | https://www.qubes-os.org
@QubesOS <https://www.twitter.com/QubesOS>

PGP fingerprint: D3D8 BEBF ECE8 91AC 46A7 30DE 63FC 4D26 84A7 33B4

Stumpy

May 11, 2020, 8:08:18 AM5/11/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 2020-05-10 16:25, Michael Carbone wrote:
> On 5/9/20 2:17 PM, Lorenzo Lamas wrote:
>> Whonix Project has partnered up with the CCT (Center for the Cultivation of
>> Technology, which is a charitable non-profit host organization in Germany
>> for international Free Software projects.)
>> This makes it possible for all EU citizens to deduct donations from 500 EUR
>> and up from their taxes. If Qubes project does the same, it may result in
>> more donations for the project.
>>
>> https://forums.whonix.org/t/european-union-eu-wide-tax-deductible-donations-to-whonix-are-now-possible/9389
>> https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Donate/Tax-Deductible
>
> thanks for letting me/us know Lorenzo! I'd been in talks with CCT when
> they first started but they had told me to wait until they were finished
> getting set up. sounds like they are taking projects now, I'll email them.

I have no clue if this is possible but doing something similar so people
in the US are able to make tax deductible contribs would be good too.

Lorenzo Lamas

May 12, 2020, 9:03:25 AM5/12/20
to qubes-users
Great to hear!