Errors Installing a .deb File in Qubes 4.0

Alex Winter

Oct 24, 2018, 6:14:14 AM10/24/18
to qubes-users
I am having some Issues installing a .deb file. The File I am trying to install is OnlyKey_5.0.0.deb.

Step One: Downloaded it off of onlykey website User guide. It can be downloaded here https://s3.amazonaws.com/onlykey/apps/desktop/releases/latest/OnlyKey_5.0.0.deb.gz

Step Two: I downloaded it as OnlyKey_5.0.0.deb.gz so I extracted it into my download folder so it is now OnlyKey_5.0.0.deb.

Step Three: Moved the Files from my Personal AppVM to Debian-9 Downloads folder and opened a terminal in that directory getting ready to install.

Step four: in the Debian-9 terminal, I type "sudo dpkg -i OnlyKey_5.0.0.deb" and I get this error message : dpkg: error: archive 'OnlyKey_5.0.0.deb' is not a regular file

I have also tryed typing in "sudo apt-get install ./OnlyKey_5.0.0.deb" and this is the error I am getting:

Reading package lists... Error!
E: Sub-process Popen returned an error code (2)
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList /home/user/Downloads/OnlyKey_5.0.0.deb
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

Is there any Ideas on how to fix this?

Alex Winter

Oct 24, 2018, 8:23:16 PM10/24/18
to qubes-users
I have figured it out. I wasn't extracting the directory properly and was giving me the incorrect file.

I have installed the application now but when I open it up, it doesn't recognise the onlykey device in the application. It also doesn't show up in my devices on the top right of the screen in dom0 when I plug it in so I cant attach it to any AppVM. However, the device still outputs the correct passwords when pressing the corrosponding button on the onlykey which I find odd.

I have qubes 4.0 setup on a laptop. It is installed on a USB drive aswell which probably is causing most of my issues.

John Maher

Oct 25, 2018, 8:43:31 AM10/25/18
to qubes-users

Alex, as I mentioned here https://groups.google.com/d/msg/onlykey/z3pRlCO8Hc4/WB5dJEojCgAJ, I think you will have much better luck if you create a USB qube first.