screen blocks screen, destroys screen update

ludwig jaffe

Sep 18, 2016, 10:28:08 AM9/18/16
to qubes-users
Hi, I use Qubes 3.2-RC3 and have 6 virtual desktops, running a windows10 vm and some linux fedora-23 and debian 8 vms.

So when I go away from the computer the screen locks, and I type my
user password. But somehow the other screens did not get the news, and
when I switch the desktop and back after some time, I see the unlock screen,
which is not respoonsive and the applications below on the desktop are
visible as it would be with a bad screen update.
If one moves the mouse on the screen, the sections where the mouse was
become visible and usable.
So screenlock/xscreen saver (looks like xlock of good old times :-) does
not lock and provide problems with usability.

Are there others who experience the same problems?

Machine Dell T7400, 12GB DDR2 ECC, 4 core xeon.

ludwig jaffe

Sep 18, 2016, 11:07:53 AM9/18/16
to qubes-users

I found a work around to use the machine if the problem arises:
Move the mouse at the top of the screen and grap the small icons of the applications in the desktop switcher and move them (the windows) to a different desktop.
After moving the screen update problem diappeared on *all* desktops.
Strange.