All audio on streaming video out of sync

Gaijin

Jan 13, 2017, 9:03:03 PM1/13/17
to Qubes Users
All of the audio for videos played on my AppVMs, regardless of what
template it's based on (Fedora 24/Debian 8), or what browser I try
(Firefox/Chrome/Vivaldi), is completely out of sync. It's not just
YouTube, but Vimeo, self-hosted, etc.

I tried uncommenting audio_low_latency in /etc/qubes/quid.conf in dom0
That didn't fix things.
I tried playing with the realtime-priority in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
That didn't seem to make any difference.

Are there any other places where I could try to fix this latency issue?
I assume it's dom0 as everything is affected.

raah...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2017, 11:35:53 PM1/17/17
to qubes-users, gai...@riseup.net

whats your pc specs/ what soundcard?

Gaijin

Jan 18, 2017, 12:44:28 AM1/18/17
to qubes-users
I'm running Qubes R3.2
Sound is going through an nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti card. I don't have
nVidia drivers installed.
This machine has an Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz CPU and 16.0GB
Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz RAM.

raah...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2017, 11:23:45 AM1/18/17
to qubes-users, gai...@riseup.net

How are you plugging it in? HDMI? if so you got further then I did. I dont' get sound from hdmi only video. Why not just use the onboard sound card?

Gaijin

Jan 18, 2017, 8:02:12 PM1/18/17
to qubes-users
Oops I was going off an old hardware report from when this machine ran
Windows. Got under the desk to check, and sound is going through the
motherboard: ASRock H67DE

It operates fine usually, and never showed this sort of issue from Qubes
1.x-3.1. When I upgraded to Qubes 3.2 I started noticing this lag. I
don't watch a lot of video so it took me a while to notice.

raah...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2017, 2:55:37 PM1/21/17
to qubes-users, gai...@riseup.net

lag only with video? dunno, maybe you can downgrade the dom0 kernel?

raah...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2017, 3:00:30 PM1/21/17
to qubes-users, gai...@riseup.net, raah...@gmail.com

to throw some other ideas out there, check bios settings, maybe disable the other card. have u turned off hardware accel in the browsers? html, flash.