Can not install Qubes R3.1

thae...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2016, 6:49:30 AM8/17/16
to qubes-users
Hello,
I have problems with installation Qubes R3.1.
I wrote iso to usb stick using dd on Linux.

I tried different ways install cubes to my laptop:
1. UEFI mode, "Test this media and install Qubes R3.1", got anacoda installer screen and then black screen with non-blinking text cursor at the the top-left
2. UEFI mode, "Troubleshooting -- verbose boot and install Qubes R3.1" the same situation
3. Legacy mode, "Install Qubes" got graphics screen with Qubes logo at the center and the progress bar frozen at about 5-10 percents
4. Legacy mode, "Troubleshooting" -> "Install qubes in basic graphics mode" I was able to configure my installation but when installation was started installer said: "(anaconda:1039): Gdk-ERROR **: error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment. Pane is dead"

Here is my laptop specifications:
HP evny,
i7-6500U,
8 GB RAM,
BIOS: Insyde, version F.36
Virtualization technology: enabled

zack...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2016, 10:20:22 AM8/17/16
to qubes-users, thae...@gmail.com

Try using the latest beta (3.2 RC2). I had the same issue with 3.1 on my laptop and the RC2 works fine for me. 3.1 is based off of fedora 20 which is old so there could be some hardware compatibility issues