[whonixcheck] HOWTO fix "nonfree packages found" if you already removed them

qmast...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2017, 2:06:22 PM1/16/17
to qubes-users
Your whonix setup could complain about nonfree packages, even if you have already uninstalled them: "Non-free packages with status other than installed" VRMS error message from whonixcheck script (Whonix-Check).

The only answer I've found about what to do in this situation is "sudo apt-get clean" - but it either didnt solve this issue at all, or solved it only partially (not completely!), and so I still was getting this issue even though I have removed this non-free package long time ago...

However, the following command has helped me to finally fix this problem:

sudo apt-get --purge remove <package_name>

For example:

sudo apt-get --purge remove libfaac0

(libfaac0 is the only non free package I have accidentally encountered during the recent days)

Hope that helps!

qmast...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2017, 2:07:38 PM1/16/17
to qubes-users