Orphan menu entries after deleting VM's

Dave

Oct 27, 2020, 2:44:02 AM10/27/20
to qubes-users
Hi guys,

After deleting the work and personal VM's in the qubes VM manager, the vm settings shortcuts from both vm's were not deleted from the menu.
So i still have two menu entrys for personal and work in my startmenu, with both only the vm settings entry listed.
I have checked ~/.local/share/applications/ and /usr/local/share/applications/ for these orphan shortcut but they arent there..
Where else can i look for these orphan shortcuts? or how can i get rid of these broken shortcuts..?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Ludovic Bellier

Oct 27, 2020, 5:14:27 PM10/27/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

    I think you can find it with the find command (here an example for
the 'personal VM'):

[adm@dom0 ~]$ find -iname "*personal*"

    ./.config/menus/applications-merged/ and
./.local/share/qubes-appmenus/personal/apps/ seems to be good
candidates. Reading the Freedesktop menu spec could help you. Backup the
files before any (delete) actions.

Ludovic