Install Rtlwifi new

davidm...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2017, 1:39:43 PM12/31/17
to qubes-users
Hi, I'm tring to istall the RTlwifi new driver in "sys-net", you can see the driver here, "https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new", I have to install this driver using "SUDO MAKE" and "SUDO MAKE INSTALL", sudo make works good, but when I try "sudo make install" the system send this error.

THE ERROR
"/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/rtl_pci.ko' Read-only file system
"Make file:65: recipe for target "install" failed
make *** [install] error 1"

thank you very much, I really like this operating system, it is the best

but I need to install this drivers

Thanks

please help me

awokd

Dec 31, 2017, 1:49:54 PM12/31/17
to davidm...@gmail.com, qubes-users
On Sun, December 31, 2017 6:39 pm, davidm...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I'm tring to istall the RTlwifi new driver in "sys-net", you can see
> the driver here, "https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new", I have to
> install this driver using "SUDO MAKE" and "SUDO MAKE INSTALL", sudo make
> works good, but when I try "sudo make install" the system send this
> error.

Generally speaking, you can't directly install into AppVMs/NetVMs, only
into the template underneath them. Check to see what template your sys-net
is using. You could install that driver directly on that template, but you
should probably clone the template, install the driver into the clone,
then switch sys-net to use your cloned template.

davidm...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2017, 1:53:39 PM12/31/17
to qubes-users

How I can clone in the qubes os 4.0 Rc3?
thanks

awokd

Dec 31, 2017, 1:59:01 PM12/31/17
On Sun, December 31, 2017 6:53 pm, davidm...@gmail.com wrote:

> How I can clone in the qubes os 4.0 Rc3?

A good way to see what Qubes commands are available is to type qubes- or
qvm- then hit Tab twice. Once you find a command that might work, add "-h"
on the end for help on how to use it, like:
qvm-clone -h

davidm...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2017, 3:57:36 PM12/31/17
to qubes-users
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 1:39:43 PM UTC-5, davidm...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi, I try to install the wifi driver in the template fedora-25 but no work, the same error, and I can see e permission problem here "/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/rtl_pci.ko' Read-only file system, I try to change the permision with "SU", but no work

Another question is how can I login in qubes OS as root from the user login page

Thanks a lot

Tom Zander

Jan 1, 2018, 8:02:38 AM1/1/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, davidm...@gmail.com
On Sunday, 31 December 2017 20:57:36 GMT davidm...@gmail.com wrote:
> I can see e permission problem here
> "/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/rtl_pci.ko' Read-only file system,

That is not a permission problem.

Nobody can write to a read-only filesystem.
Try to make sure that you configured your compile correctly. The path
starting with /net makes little sense to me.

davidm...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2018, 3:10:43 PM1/1/18
to qubes-users

Thanks

What I do is to open the terminal and folow the steps that you can see here, https://akshaycv006.wordpress.com/2017/01/12/installing-realtek-rtl8723be-driver-for-ubuntu-debian-or-fedora/, I try in ubuntu and works good.

davidm...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2018, 3:11:37 PM1/1/18
to qubes-users