wasabi in qubes

eha...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2019, 11:19:12 AM6/26/19
to qubes-users
I wouild like to use wasbi in a whonix VM.

Can any one tell me how to make it work step by step_

Thansk for youre time and suport

awokd

Jun 26, 2019, 12:27:29 PM6/26/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
eha...@gmail.com:
> I wouild like to use wasbi in a whonix VM.
>
> Can any one tell me how to make it work step by step_

Assuming Wasabi is a cloud provider and assuming it has some Linux
client (would be good if you provided more detail so people don't have
to guess), the direct answer to your question as stated would be to
install their client software into the whonix-ws-14 template. However,
unless you've audited their software this could be a bad idea from an
anonymity perspective as it may link your identity across all Whonix
client sessions.

Safer option would be to clone whonix-ws-14 to a new template just for
Wasabi use, install their software in it, then create an AppVM based on
it networked to sys-whonix.

qubenix

Jun 26, 2019, 5:50:23 PM6/26/19
to awokd, qubes...@googlegroups.com, eha...@gmail.com
'awokd' via qubes-users:
> eha...@gmail.com:
>> I wouild like to use wasbi in a whonix VM.
>>
>> Can any one tell me how to make it work step by step_

There's some discussion here:
https://forums.whonix.org/t/wasabi-wallet-in-whonix/7597.

Basically just download it, verify signature, run it, and change config
settings to use your gateway's ip for your tor host.

> Assuming Wasabi is a cloud provider and assuming it has some Linux

Wasabi is a Bitcoin wallet that facilitates CoinJoins for users:
https://www.wasabiwallet.io/. It's a centralized, easy to use solution
for people that want to protect against some blockchain analysis.

> client (would be good if you provided more detail so people don't have
> to guess), the direct answer to your question as stated would be to
> install their client software into the whonix-ws-14 template. However,
> unless you've audited their software this could be a bad idea from an
> anonymity perspective as it may link your identity across all Whonix
> client sessions.
>
> Safer option would be to clone whonix-ws-14 to a new template just for
> Wasabi use, install their software in it, then create an AppVM based on
> it networked to sys-whonix.

Don't need to install in a template. Just run a release in an AppVM.

--
qubenix

CODE PGP: FE7454228594B4DDD034CE73A95D4D197E922B20
EMAIL PGP: 96096E4CA0870F1C5BAF7DD909D159E1241F9C54
IRC OTR: DFD1DA35 D74E775B 3E3DADB1 226282EE FB711765

eha...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2019, 9:18:32 AM6/27/19
to qubes-users
Ok, first thanks for the links.

what is a template

Its mor fundamental than the vm right

how is it done

eha...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2019, 9:24:14 AM6/27/19
to qubes-users
why would wasabi some how compromise alla whonix gatways

The are all seperated right like individual computers

if a program can do that then whole qubes consept would be useles

sorry dident realy get the qustions I was asked.

eha...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2019, 9:26:23 AM6/27/19
to qubes-users
I just have no ider hoe stuff acturly works so im some what cautious.

eha...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2019, 9:45:06 AM6/27/19
to qubes-users
I did down load wasabi, extracted and selected destination folder for the files. Then I used dolphin to try and find them in order to compleat the instalation. but they wasent visibel in the selected folder.

How come

souldent dolphin be used like that

the fil finder in the non whonix wm works fine

awokd

Jun 27, 2019, 6:00:23 PM6/27/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
eha...@gmail.com:
Please review the Qubes documentation in https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/.
It covers the basics and then some. You might want to think twice about
storing coins in Wasabi on Qubes+Whonix until you have a solid
understanding of everything involved. It can be easy to lose access to a
wallet if you do not.