DOS VM - Spinrite - Direct Access to Drives

Steve

Jan 12, 2017, 7:51:44 AM1/12/17
to qubes-users
I would like to be able to run Spinrite which runs in DR-DOS in a VM. The software needs to have direct access to the SATA hard drives. Is this likely to be possible

Steve

Jan 12, 2017, 11:23:29 PM1/12/17
to qubes-users
On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 4:51:44 PM UTC+4, Steve wrote:
> I would like to be able to run Spinrite which runs in DR-DOS in a VM. The software needs to have direct access to the SATA hard drives. Is this likely to be possible

I have been researching and to make this work I need to be able to setup the equivalent of a RAW DISK (Virtual Box). Initial research shows that this might be possible in Xen, does that mean I will be able to do it in Qubes ? thx

Ángel

Jan 13, 2017, 10:08:35 AM1/13/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Create a HVM with Spinrite image as root.img and the disk image to scan
as private.img ?