Easy way to convert AppVM to ProxyVM without editing?

Drew White

Apr 6, 2018, 8:25:57 PM4/6/18
to qubes-users
Is there an easy way to convert a guest without editing the XML and restarting all the time?

awokd

Apr 7, 2018, 7:28:47 AM4/7/18
to Drew White, qubes-users
On Sat, April 7, 2018 12:25 am, Drew White wrote:
> Is there an easy way to convert a guest without editing the XML and
> restarting all the time?

In Qubes R4.0, shutdown the AppVM, then:

qvm-prefs <AppVM> provides_network True

Drew White

Apr 8, 2018, 9:29:31 PM4/8/18
to qubes-users

Well, I'll use Qubes 4 when I get hardware that Qubes 4 is compatible with.

So until then I just have to edit the XML file?

Does Qubes 4 still use Python for everything? Or has it been upgraded to something less resource hungry?