removal of debian-9 template fails because is marked as installed by packetmanager.

gone

Jan 21, 2019, 1:35:56 PM1/21/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've done too many changes to my debian-9 template and would
like to reinstall a "pure", original debian-9 template
again.
So I cloned it and based all the existing debian App-VMs on
the clone-template.
But removal of debian-9 template fails because it is marked
as installed by packetmanager.
How can I remove and reinstall it?

Eric

Jan 21, 2019, 3:24:48 PM1/21/19
to gone, qubes...@googlegroups.com

in dom0: sudo qubes-dom0-update --action=reinstall qubes-template-debian-9

gone

Jan 21, 2019, 4:29:37 PM1/21/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Eric. This brings
Using sys-whonix as UpdateVM to download updates for dom0;
this may take some time...
Usage: yumdownloader [options] package1 [package2]
[package..]

Command line error: no such option: -a

unman

Jan 21, 2019, 6:35:02 PM1/21/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 07:24:37AM +1100, Eric wrote:
> <head>
> </head>
> <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Hi,
> I've done too many changes to my debian-9 template and would
> like to reinstall a "pure", original debian-9 template
> again.
> So I cloned it and based all the existing debian App-VMs on
> the clone-template.
> But removal of debian-9 template fails because it is marked
> as installed by packetmanager.
> How can I remove and reinstall it?
>
> </pre>
> qubes-template-debian-9</p>

> -- <br />

Hi Eric
Your answer is partly right, but all that HTML gets in the way.
Can you switch to plain text please?

Also reinstall will try to install the *same* version that is currently
installed, although there may be a more recently built template
available.
You can work round this by:
sudo dnf remove qubes-template-debian-9
sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-debian-9

gone

Jan 23, 2019, 3:10:56 PM1/23/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello unman,

thanks again for your answer. I tried it now in conjunction
with Marek's post about QSB #46. See here if you like:
https://qubes-os.info/index.php?t=msg&goto=2345&#msg _2345