Software market not working. Can’t update qubes and can’t download large files

shamaar...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2019, 2:24:35 PM7/3/19
to qubes-users
For the the software app I get the error: cannot update repo ‘qubes-vm-r4.0-current’: cannot download repomd.xml:cannot download reposts/repomd.xml current error(28)

I updated fedora 29 fine but I left whonix to update all night and one failed and the other was still updating.

I can download small files fine but when I try to download AppVMs and iso OS they fail with no error code.

Is there any possible way to make my system less buggy and run more smooth? I use run in debug mode but that honestly doesn’t do anything

awokd

Jul 3, 2019, 3:14:19 PM7/3/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
shamaar...@gmail.com:
> For the the software app I get the error: cannot update repo ‘qubes-vm-r4.0-current’: cannot download repomd.xml:cannot download reposts/repomd.xml current error(28)

Don't use it. Use dnf or apt from within your Fedora or Debian
(respectively) template to install packages.

> I updated fedora 29 fine but I left whonix to update all night and one failed and the other was still updating.

One of the repos appears to be having trouble. Try again tomorrow.

> I can download small files fine but when I try to download AppVMs and iso OS they fail with no error code.

Increase your AppVM's private storage space. See the Qubes docs for
howto details if needed.

> Is there any possible way to make my system less buggy and run more smooth? I use run in debug mode but that honestly doesn’t do anything

Apart from the repo having trouble, none of these are bugs- they are
just the way Qubes works. You're right, debug mode won't really help for
that. It might help if you read through the documentation to get a
better understanding of what Qubes is doing, and why. Also, searching
this mailing list and/or qubes-issues can often provide resolutions to
commonly encountered difficulties.
Message has been deleted