Qubes / Xen i5 and i7 socket LGA1151 mobo recomendations

Aaron Gray

Oct 15, 2018, 12:38:21 PM10/15/18
to qubes-users
Hi,

I have found my Intel based Z270 Motherboards do not support Qubes, or Xen as of yet. Therefore I am asking for suggestions for i5 and i7 socket LGA1151 DDR4 based motherboards that will run Qubes / Xen; as a stop gap until they do.

Regards,

Aaron

Tai...@gmx.com

Oct 15, 2018, 7:19:31 PM10/15/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 10/15/2018 12:38 PM, Aaron Gray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found my Intel based Z270 Motherboards do not support Qubes, or Xen as of yet.

No consumer board will without difficulty.

> Therefore I am asking for suggestions for i5 and i7 socket LGA1151 DDR4 based motherboards that will run Qubes / Xen; as a stop gap until they do.
>
> Regards,
>
> Aaron

Why do you want that black box wintel junk?

Get a libre motherboard instead (see my recent post "Re: [qubes-users]
Qubes 4.0 on high(er) end workstations?" for info and very affordable
yet quality suggestions.