problems with trackpad during installation

dnDG5W

Sep 8, 2020, 1:18:25 AM9/8/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

I have a standard trackpad. It works perfectly fine under debian/ubuntu. However, during installation, it completely stops working.

Any ideas?

--
Sent using MsgSafe.io's Free Plan
Private, encrypted, online communication

unman

Sep 8, 2020, 10:21:56 AM9/8/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 08, 2020 at 05:18:21AM +0000, dnDG5W wrote:
> I have a standard trackpad. It works perfectly fine under debian/ubuntu.
> However, during installation, it completely stops working.
>
> Any ideas?

A bit light on detail here, but I'll see what I can do absent any
information on model or BIOS version.
Did you create a sys-usb? Is the "standard trackpad" presented as a USB
device? (It happens)
Check the output of lspci in dom0 and lsusb in dom0 and sys-usb.
`ls /sys/module/psmouse/driver/*/` may also give useful information -
look in the uevent file.