imagemagick in debian-minimal ?

haaber

Jul 1, 2020, 2:52:44 AM7/1/20
to qubes-users
I discoverd with a little surprise that my 3 debian-minimal templates
(used for firewall, usb, net) have imagemagick installed. I guess these
are not really necessary for their respective usage; however, asking
aptitude an uninstall of these packages would lead to remove

qubes-core-agent
qubes-core-agent-networkmanager
qubes-core-agent-networking
..

and some other qubes-* despite them all being marked as "manual" (using
apt-mark manual '^qubes' ). I seem to miss a point somewhere, maybe one
of you can explain it to me? Cheers.

Rusty Bird

Jul 1, 2020, 7:20:06 AM7/1/20
to haaber, qubes-users

haaber

Jul 1, 2020, 9:20:08 AM7/1/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, rust...@net-c.com
> haaber:
>> I discoverd with a little surprise that my 3 debian-minimal templates
>> (used for firewall, usb, net) have imagemagick installed.
>
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/5009#issuecomment-489357218

Thx!! That page suggests: problem known, but no solution in sight? My
minimal templates are minimal service ones (net,usb,firewall): they
need no icons, no gv, no BS, just an xterm and basic things are
required. Somehow, I can live with a "broken" vm in the sense that the
convert command fails for some icons, no? So the question is: how remove
imagemagick without losing qubes-stuff? Is there maybe an empty
convert-dummy package? Thanks!