Pass Capita with Tor

eha...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2019, 10:49:43 AM6/27/19
to qubes-users
This takes som explanation. With capita I mean that box that comes up when preforming a registration or setting up a new account at a webbpage. In order to confirm thar youre not a robot and so on.

I tried this with my Tor browser and just dont work out. I tried it a number of times an eventually realized that the browser is the problem.

Why is that and can be don about it

Thanks for youre time and suport

eha...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2019, 7:31:01 AM6/28/19
to qubes-users

when registering on new webbpage Its often obligated to confirm that you're not a robot. Typically this is done ny klicking on imagrd of busses or what ever. Untill there are non left.

I tride doing this with Tor and it just doent work! Dosen any one else has the same experience

And what can be done about it

Im relay puzzled by this!

And woud like to know what youre all make of it

Best regards

unman

Jun 28, 2019, 10:18:42 AM6/28/19
to qubes-users
There is long standing issue with Tor and captchas.

You are likely being prompted because the "protector" ( google or
cloudflare) flag your Tor exit node as suspicious.
You find it difficult to complete because of the security features set
in Tor Browser.
Because you dont explain *how* "it just doesnt work", it's difficult to
help you.

You can try changing the security settings for the site, (and for google
sites for their captchas); sometimes, using a different exit node will
help; sometimes , installing helper applications - cloudflare offers
link to one.
Nothing here is Qubes specific, and you can find plenty of advice by a
simple search.

Claudia

Jun 28, 2019, 12:38:22 PM6/28/19
to eha...@gmail.com, qubes-users
eha...@gmail.com:
This is a very common problem. Not sure what you mean by "it doesn't
work," but for me reCaptcha usually just never ends. It has me select
busses, then traffic lights, then store fronts, whatever, and just
repeats until I give up.

There's no solution that I'm aware of. Depending on the captcha service,
you might be able to do the audio captcha (for blind people) instead,
although I've never had much luck with it and I don't know if reCapcha
still offers one.

Also, you can try setting the slider to "Standard". It might allow the
site to detect more browser features, and not give you so many
challenges. If you're really lucky, you might just get the "I'm not a
robot" checkbox.

Also, someone might be able to help you better on one of the Tor mailing
lists. https://lists.torproject.org/

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to ab...@vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!