Using OpenBSD as a templateVM

Frank Beuth

Feb 25, 2019, 10:58:34 AM2/25/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
According to <https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/4551>:
"I got [OpenBSD] working as well as template, so perhaps there is less work here than
I originally thought."

Is there any further documentation on what must be done to use OpenBSD as a
template in Qubes?

It is not clear to me how the common root filesystem would work when using a
non-Linux OS.

Frank Beuth

Feb 25, 2019, 11:09:08 AM2/25/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 10:58:18PM +0700, Frank Beuth wrote:
>It is not clear to me how the common root filesystem would work when
>using a non-Linux OS.

One part of the solution appears to be in the docs on running Windows:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-tools/#using-template-based-windows-appvms-qubes-r2-beta-3-and-later

It would seem that the key is putting the user home directories in *BSD on the
2nd disk (which is backed by the private.img file).