sudo apt-get install remmina -> Unable to locate package remmina

alexander...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2018, 7:20:14 AM11/5/18
to qubes-users
Hi,

I am trying to install remmina on my AppVM with whonix-ws-14 template with network through sys-whonix.

When typing

> sudo apt-get install remmina

I get this error:

> E: Unable to locate the package remmina

I'm on Qubes 3.2 with whonix 14

Thanks in advance!!

unman

Nov 5, 2018, 9:30:20 AM11/5/18
to qubes-users
remmina isnt available in stretch repositories.
To get it you'll need to enable stretch backports.
you can do this by adding a line to /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian stretch-backports main

Then 'apt update' and 'apt install remmina' should work.

NB I assume whonix will be fine with backports, but dont speak for this.

unman

alexander...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2018, 10:43:25 AM11/5/18
to qubes-users
Hi Unman,

Thanks for your response; is the command I should be running ''nano /etc/apt/sources.list''on debian or whonix konsole?

unman

Nov 5, 2018, 10:49:02 AM11/5/18
to qubes-users
Any editor will do: if you're comfortable with nano that will be fine.
You'll need root permissions to edit that file though, so su or sudo
nano.
I'm assuming whonix will be fine using backports.

unman

alexander...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2018, 10:51:30 AM11/5/18
to qubes-users
Thanks again for your reply! I'll confirm on the whonix forums before I do any changes!