Costum qubes order in QVM

pieter lems

Nov 2, 2018, 9:20:40 AM11/2/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
How does one costumize the order in wich the qubes are displayed. I would like to have a more well-aranged order for simplisity.
Thanks in advance

unman

Nov 2, 2018, 10:17:53 AM11/2/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
There arent options for doing this: partly because people's ideas about
what would constitute "a more well-aranged order "
If you want the ability to move rows about in the Manager, you will need
to adapt the code in
/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubesmanager to accomodate this.
If you decide to pursue this please consider feeding back to github so
that others can have this feature to.

unman

pieter lems

Nov 2, 2018, 10:28:25 AM11/2/18
to unman, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick response. I will certainly look into it and keep you guys up to date. :)

birdynam

Nov 2, 2018, 12:06:31 PM11/2/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

there are already plenty of choices. Any of the columns acts as a sort
filter.
I just discovered it ;-)

Birdy.

signature.asc

unman

Nov 2, 2018, 12:21:36 PM11/2/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
And you can reverse the order by clicking on the header again.
But op wanted a custom order, and that isn't currently supported.
Another nice feature that's been mentioned would be grouping qubes under
collapsible headers. Some way off, I suspect, unless someone wants to
pick that up?

Sven Semmler

Nov 9, 2018, 10:05:48 PM11/9/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

pieter lems

Nov 10, 2018, 5:35:36 PM11/10/18
to Sv...@svensemmler.org, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response and sorry for the late response back. Concerning the question, How didn't i think of that -_-! Thank you for mentioning this. I've been using qube colors for my qube order. It works pretty well if you get used to it.

For anyone wanting to use my method, the order of the qube colors is as follows:
black ( i use it for my templates)
purple ( for sys qubes ex. sys-whonix)
blue ( for disposable vm's)
The rest of the colors can be used for whatever you like , but i use the red one for qubes which are not connected to a netVM (ex. vault and db vm)
grey
green
yellow
orange