Disk problems when installing ReactOS 0.4.5 on HVM

Giulio

Mar 17, 2018, 5:19:31 AM3/17/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
i need to run some simple windows applications that should run on ReactOS that compared to Windows has the advantage to be open source and very lightweight.

I have read
 - https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2809
 - https://github.com/Jeeppler/QubesOS-notes/blob/master/ReactOS/Qubes-ReactOS.md
 - https://mark911.wordpress.com/2017/12/09/procedure-for-installing-newest-reactos-operating-system-in-stand-alone-hvm-in-qubes-os-3-2/

My HCL report is attached.

This is the command i use to create the StandaloneVM

qvm-create reactos --class StandaloneVM --property virt_mode=hvm --property kernel="" property memory=4096 --property maxmem=4096 --label green

If i try booting the installation ISO the the procedure fails because it cannot recognize the block device. (install_error.png)
If i convert the VirtualBox image a similar error occur during boot. (virtualbox_error.png)

Is there someway i can change the device type in HVM? i.e. set it as an IDE device? I tried also installing Windows XP and it failed for a related reason.
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-429136G-20180317-100650.yml
install_error.png
virtualbox_error.png

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Mar 18, 2018, 11:27:50 AM3/18/18