Moving less used templates to secondary storage

Pablo Di Noto

Feb 9, 2017, 9:03:26 AM2/9/17
to qubes-users
Hello,

Running 3.2 with XFCE.

My notebook has a small SSD with Qubes boot and root/swap on it, and a larger (and slower) SHDD mounted as /var/lib/qubes-add and configured as an additional Xen pool.

I am running out of space (and at the same time, losing speed drastically) on the SSD, and half of the space is used by fedora-23, debian-8, debian-9 and whonix-* templates.

I decided to move the debian-8 and whonix-* templates to the additional pool, but cannot make the move be recognized by Qubes (all command line utilities obviously cannot find the templates).

Question 1: Is this use-case --having templates on a secondary storage pool-- supported?
Question 2: Which is the proper way to move the least used templates? I guess qvm-prefs need to reflect the move somehow, but have not been able to deduce myself.

Willing to write up docs after done :-)

Cheers,
///Pablo

Unman

Feb 9, 2017, 10:36:24 AM2/9/17
to Pablo Di Noto, qubes-users
There's a section in the docs on this:
www.qubes-os.org/doc/secondary-storage

Did you read that?

There's no need to configure a new storage pool.