ssh keys gui not working / password no longer stored (deb8)

cubit

Dec 12, 2016, 5:53:27 PM12/12/16
to Qubes Users
Heia

Since using Qubes (debian 8 template) back to R3.1 when ever I used ssh I would get a gui prompt asking for my key password and it would be remembered for all subsequent ssh sessions until I restart the AppVM.

With a recent template update this has broken, now what happens is in the terminal window I am asked for the keys password but the password is no longer stored and I must retype for every new session.

Is there an easy way to get the gui / password managed option back?

Cubit

Unman

Dec 12, 2016, 7:11:45 PM12/12/16
to cubit, Qubes Users
Debian uses ssh-agent by default. Just use ssh-add to store the key
before opening the ssh session.

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Dec 13, 2016, 9:35:40 PM12/13/16
to Unman, cubit, Qubes Users

raah...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2016, 4:36:19 PM12/17/16
to qubes-users, un...@thirdeyesecurity.org, cu...@tutanota.com
I noticed this change too. I never stored the password. but I stopped getting the popup bubble to enter it past couple weeks. glad to know it wasn't just me lol. no big deal though. I'm sure forcing me to use terminal is more secure. I was thinking that all along anyways.