Errors on booting 4.0 and time is off? Otherwise working great!

vel...@tutamail.com

Apr 15, 2018, 6:24:21 PM4/15/18
to qubes-users
I am getting ACPI errors when I boot, everything works, or at least I haven't seen a functionaility issue. I am however concerned and trying to understand implications from a functonal and security perspective. The errors are:

[ 1.########] ACPI Error: [\_PR_.CPU0._CST] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (#######/pspargs-364)

[ 1.########] ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_PR_.CPU3._CST] , AE_NOT_FOUND (#######/psparse-550)

[ 1.########] ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_PR_.CPU._CST] , AE_NOT_FOUND (#######/psparse-550)

Not sure this is related but my time is off by 5 hours in Qubes. My BIOS time is set correctly....always seems to be 5 hour difference.

My functionaility seems to be great....

Any thoughts on how I can get rid of the errors or if I should be worried about the errors?

Thank you again....

awokd

Apr 15, 2018, 6:38:47 PM4/15/18
to vel...@tutamail.com, qubes-users
On Sun, April 15, 2018 10:24 pm, vel...@tutamail.com wrote:
> I am getting ACPI errors when I boot, everything works, or at least I
> haven't seen a functionaility issue.

I see some as well, with no obvious impact.

> Not sure this is related but my time is off by 5 hours in Qubes. My BIOS
> time is set correctly....always seems to be 5 hour difference.

Assuming you set your timezone correctly when you installed Qubes, this is
because it assumes the hardware clock is in UTC. So if you or another OS
is changing it to local time, that will make Qubes seem like it's off.

> Any thoughts on how I can get rid of the errors or if I should be worried
> about the errors?

Not sure either, but doesn't seem to hurt anything as far as I can tell!