looks like sha-1 is over

Oleg Artemiev

Feb 23, 2017, 2:51:09 PM2/23/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
a little bit offtopic, everyone is using sha-256, I guess,

http://shattered.it/

but, btw - any comments to this in Qubes contex:

----------------------------------------------------cut-------------------------
How is GIT affected?

GIT strongly relies on SHA-1 for the identification and integrity
checking of all file objects and commits. It is essentially possible
to create two GIT repositories with the same head commit hash and
different contents, say a benign source code and a backdoored one. An
attacker could potentially selectively serve either repository to
targeted users. This will require attackers to compute their own
collision.

?

--
Bye.Olli.
gpg --search-keys grey_olli , use key w/ fingerprint below:

Robin Schneider

Feb 23, 2017, 3:36:46 PM2/23/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com