No editor at all in 'fedora-36-minimal' template?

Viktor Ransmayr

Oct 9, 2022, 8:34:50 AM10/9/22
to qubes-users
Is it correct, that this template does not provide any editor 'package' at all?

I'm just wondering, if this is expected - and - I have to add for example 'vim-minimal' myself - or - if there's a specific issue with my installation / setup ...

With kind regards,

Viktor

unman

Oct 9, 2022, 9:08:50 AM10/9/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Oct 09, 2022 at 05:34:50AM -0700, Viktor Ransmayr wrote:
> Is it correct, that this template does not provide any editor 'package' at
> all?

No, there's nano

Rifa Achrinza

Oct 9, 2022, 9:14:41 AM10/9/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victor,

Yes, AFAIK this is expected. It is implied in
<https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/minimal/> that an editor like
Vim is not pre-installed for Qubes OS's minimal templates (See
"Distro-specific notes").

Best regards,
Rifa

On Sun, Oct 09, 2022 at 05:34:50AM -0700, Viktor Ransmayr wrote:
> [2]https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/1a966c87-d5c9-4e12-a17
> 6-71e6767c78b9n%40googlegroups.com.
>
>References
>
> 1. mailto:qubes-users...@googlegroups.com
> 2. https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/1a966c87-d5c9-4e12...@googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
attachment.sig

Viktor Ransmayr

Oct 9, 2022, 9:16:16 AM10/9/22
to unman, qubes...@googlegroups.com

Hello Unman,

Thanks a lot. - Don't know why I did not see it myself ...

With kind regards,

Viktor

Rifa Achrinza

Oct 9, 2022, 9:17:25 AM10/9/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Nevermind, I stand corrected.

Looks like I should use nano more often! :P
>--
attachment.sig