Upgraded to 3.2 - now my desktop is wrong

gal...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2016, 3:56:33 AM10/12/16
to qubes-users
I upgraded to 3.2 by backing up in 3.1 and restoring in 3.2. I was using xfce in 3.1 and had 4 workspaces (or activities) and each had its own background image and I had different icons placed on each one. Now in 3.2 there are 4 workspaces but no icons and the same background. If I add an icon it gets added to all four workspaces.

Also, under the system tools menu is a menu item for every shortcut in every VM. For example Systemm Tools->work: Files

Other than this, everything seems to work as before and I cant see anything new.

I've done the install and restore twice and it was the same both times.

Have I done something wrong in the restore? Should I go back to 3.1?

Andrew David Wong

Oct 12, 2016, 5:57:14 PM10/12/16
to gal...@gmail.com, qubes-users

Gal Thop

Oct 12, 2016, 7:05:35 PM10/12/16
to Andrew David Wong, qubes-users

I used whatever versions of xfce that come with qubes 3.1 and 3.2. I didn't install or update any extra versions.

Qubed One

Oct 12, 2016, 7:23:58 PM10/12/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
gal...@gmail.com:
> I upgraded to 3.2 by backing up in 3.1 and restoring in 3.2.

Did you back up dom0 in 3.1? That is where such configs are.

gal...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2016, 7:11:23 AM10/13/16
to qubes-users, gal...@gmail.com

I backed up and restored dom0 as well as my templates and VMs.