Missing dom0-updates-directory after clean

Matthias Mueller

Dec 29, 2017, 6:10:07 AM12/29/17
to qubes-users
Hello,

I'm using 4.0 RC3 and after a

sudo qubes-dom0-updates --action="clean all"

it looks like it cleaned a little a bit too much. If I try to update or
install something I get this error message:

tar: /var/lib/qubes/dom0-updates: Cannot open: No such file or directory

And if I look in /var/lib/qubes, there is really not such a directory. Can I
just create it or is there any other fix?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Michael

James Goodwin

Dec 29, 2017, 3:50:43 PM12/29/17
to qubes-users

The /var/lib/qubes directory is supposed to contain information pertaining to all appvms, servicevms, updates, backup data,dvmdata, qubes.xml, and vm-kernels/vm-templates, but mostly stores the icon.png files for each vm except for vm-kernels directory which has the initramfs, modules.img, and vmlinuz files as well as a modules directory.

Have you checked your journalctl log to see exactly what happened, and if it's directly related to the act of cleaning?.

Maybe someone can offer more help, but personally, I'd re-install Qubes (because I'd have no clue how to remedy the situation).