Corsair Strafe Keyboard stops working when booting into qubes.

serverhost40

May 20, 2018, 5:41:51 PM5/20/18
to qubes-users
I got a new keyboard (Corsair Strafe RGB), when booting into qubes it stops working. I cannot decrypt qubes to boot with this keyboard, but the mouse works fine. My old keyboard also works fine, but I'd prefer to use the corsair keyboard as switching back and forth is annoying.

Matty South

May 21, 2018, 9:52:27 AM5/21/18
to qubes-users
On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 4:41:51 PM UTC-5, serverhost40 wrote:
> I got a new keyboard (Corsair Strafe RGB), when booting into qubes it stops working. I cannot decrypt qubes to boot with this keyboard, but the mouse works fine. My old keyboard also works fine, but I'd prefer to use the corsair keyboard as switching back and forth is annoying.

Is this a laptop? Are you on Qubes 3.x or 4.x?

My USB keyboard has never worked for initial drive decryption. I have to use the built-in laptop keyboard for that. I always assumed it was a security protection because the USB VM is not yet started.

Matty South

May 21, 2018, 9:57:14 AM5/21/18
to qubes-users

Yeah. Looks like this is a security feature. Look here for reasons why and a possible workaround: