Problem with chrony package installing on Qubes Release 3.2-rc1

Jeral A

Jul 6, 2016, 7:40:48 AM7/6/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm having problem during the Qubes Release 3.2-rc1 installation.
During the installation process error message displays, informing me that the "chrony" package won't be installed.
Here is the whole error message text: You have specified that the package 'chrony' should be installed. This package does not exist. Would you like to ignore this package and continue with installation?

If I press "Yes", then the installation process continues, but after the system runs first time, another error message appears: https://i.imgur.com/n1d7HOm.jpg

After that the system starts normally, but I can't find any preinstalled VMs (sys-net, sys-firewall, work, personal etc).

How can I solve that problem?
Any chance to install chrony package manually?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew David Wong

Jul 6, 2016, 10:52:07 AM7/6/16
to Jeral A, qubes...@googlegroups.com

Jeral

Jul 7, 2016, 10:30:10 AM7/7/16
to qubes-users
And is it possible to install the default VMs (sys-net, sys-firewall etc) manually by running some script?

R.B.

Jul 7, 2016, 6:05:52 PM7/7/16
to Andrew David Wong, Jeral A, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 07/06/2016 04:52 PM, Andrew David Wong wrote:

> On 2016-07-06 04:40, Jeral A wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm having problem during the Qubes Release 3.2-rc1 installation.
>> During the installation process error message displays, informing
>> me that the "chrony" package won't be installed. Here is the whole
>> error message text: You have specified that the package 'chrony'
>> should be installed. This package does not exist. Would you like to
>> ignore this package and continue with installation?
>>
>> If I press "Yes", then the installation process continues, but
>> after the system runs first time, another error message appears:
>> https://i.imgur.com/n1d7HOm.jpg
>>
>> After that the system starts normally, but I can't find any
>> preinstalled VMs (sys-net, sys-firewall, work, personal etc).

Had a similar effect during my second install. At the time I had backups
of VM's waiting to get re-installed, so I didn't take note of which vm's
where missing at the time. I did see the chrony error.
What I did different in relation to the first install, was setting
timezone and keyboard. At the first install, I adjusted the settings
_after_ the install. Could be the two issues below are related?

Maybe a fresh install with default settings?

> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2110
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2147

Regards,

RB

Iestyn Best

Jul 7, 2016, 7:43:47 PM7/7/16
to qubes-users
On Friday, July 8, 2016 at 12:30:10 AM UTC+10, Jeral wrote:
> And is it possible to install the default VMs (sys-net, sys-firewall etc) manually by running some script?

You can retry configuration by calling 'sudo qubesctl state.highstate' in dom0

Jeral

Jul 8, 2016, 4:45:45 AM7/8/16
to qubes-users, a...@qubes-os.org, jera...@gmail.com, rebo...@reboli.nl

Thanks a lot!
I reinstalled the system without changing time zone and there was no error message about the chrony package!