install fedora 28

Roy Bernat

May 17, 2018, 12:13:04 PM5/17/18
to qubes-users
I tries to install fedora 28 by upgrade 26 but at the end i am getting lot of errors.

is there any option to download clean fedora-28 / 27 ?

Thanks
Roy

john

May 17, 2018, 1:44:49 PM5/17/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
why not try
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/fedora/
$ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-28 see if it works

if not no harm no foul, I don't think

Roy Bernat

May 19, 2018, 3:04:22 AM5/19/18
to qubes-users

tried and no success .

i think the fedora-28 is in the testing branch .

Roy

haaber

May 19, 2018, 4:34:33 AM5/19/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
It does not even work for fedora-27 :( I guess that ths the whole point
in long-going discussions about update problems in this list.

Sergio Matta

May 19, 2018, 11:29:02 AM5/19/18
to qubes-users

I updated my templates fedora-26 to 27 and after to 28.
The docs are here: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/template/fedora/upgrade-27-to-28/

About the conflict with dconf, I included -x dconf to the upgrade dnf command. After that I did: sudo dnf update --allowerasing --best --enablerepo=qubes-vm*-current-testing

So far, it is working ok.