HCL - Dell Precision 7520

Michel PRUNET

Nov 15, 2017, 5:36:15 AM11/15/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
During Installation the mouse doesn't work, but it's OK afterward.
Windows 7 Installed successfully but without qubes add-on
I've try qube usb with an old dock station with a PS2 Keyboard and an USB mouse, it works propertly without modification.
Dual screen OK.

You did a Great job !

Michel PRUNET

Nov 18, 2017, 4:19:03 AM11/18/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Technical specs :
* Intel I7 7890HQ with HD630 integrated GPU
* Quadro M2200 NVidia. (not in use for Qube)
I forgot to post the HCL report when I first submit ;)

Qubes OS 3.2 => It Failed.
The Install process fallback to text mode install (HD630 not supported ?). It doesn't work because LUKS encryption not available in this mode (anaconda issue ?).

Qubes 4.0 RC2 => OK (During Installation the mouse doesn't work, but it's OK afterward.)
UEFI OK.

Dual screen OK.
Linux HVM work properly.
QubeUSB disabled.
Sometime Qubes do not turn off the computer at the end of the shutdown sequence.

Windows 7 without SP Installed successfully.
I had problem during my first try when I update SP1 KB97932 ->  update Fix KB3020369 -> Commodity Update KB3125574. It failed to start, afterward  (Windows startup in recovery, then in normal Mode, Recovery, Start again....).
During second try, I skip the cumulative Pack and I let Windows Update do its job. => It seams to works.
The Windows Tools are not avaiable at the moment.
I have install Xen PV.

Have you plan to release the Windows Tools for Qube 4 ?

Good Job

Qubes-HCL-Dell_Inc_-Precision_7520-20171118-084745.yml

oni...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2019, 3:57:15 PM6/21/19
to qubes-users
Michael, I need help with boot options menu in the 7520 bios. I want to install Qubes on my primary ssd and windows 10 is on it presently. Please email me at:oni...@gmail.com