security app suggestions if some coders are interested

Syd Brisby

Jul 4, 2016, 9:39:54 PM7/4/16
to qubes-users
There are some people - like Eva Star - developing some apps/scripts for Qubes. I would like to make a couple of suggestions for coders who might like a development challenge.

* A GUI applet for the CLI program "rfkill", that is enabled on the desktop (or management console) by default to easily show the on/off status of network devices. (I don't think this would be too difficult.)

* An app to scramble or obscure the network ports, which can be set to automatically start on bootup to give immediate protection. There a few such (CLI) apps available, but an improved GUI-based one would be even better.

Any help in this area for victims of wireless hacking would be appreciated.