installing nvidia

nezn...@xy9ce.tk

Nov 16, 2016, 2:16:13 AM11/16/16
to qubes-users
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/install-nvidia-driver/
here we have:
"Build kernel package

You will need at least kernel-devel (matching your Qubes dom0 kernel), rpmbuild tool and kmodtool, and then you can use it to build package:"

What it means? I should on the fedora 18 with rpmfusion-repo download kernel-devel, which matching with my Qubes dom0 kernel? How is that? I should find "4.1.13-9.pvops.qubes.x86_64" in rpmfusion? How is that?

nezn...@xy9ce.tk

Nov 17, 2016, 2:27:49 AM11/17/16
to qubes-users, nezn...@xy9ce.tk
anyone?

Salmiakki

Nov 17, 2016, 7:21:15 AM11/17/16
to qubes-users, nezn...@xy9ce.tk
On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 8:27:49 AM UTC+1, nezn...@xy9ce.tk wrote:
> anyone?

Can you tell us what you tried and ask a more specific question? I cannot tell what your actual problem is.

nezn...@xy9ce.tk

Nov 17, 2016, 8:02:17 AM11/17/16
to qubes-users, nezn...@xy9ce.tk
I installed fedora 18 and added rpm-fusion repo. Now i have question - how i can get the kernel-devel "matching my Qubes dom0 kernel"?
I have 4.1.13-9.pvops.qubes.x86_64 kernel.

>fedora 18 system
>4.1.13-9.pvops.qubes.x86_64
pick one?!?

nezn...@xy9ce.tk

Nov 17, 2016, 8:08:17 AM11/17/16
to qubes-users, nezn...@xy9ce.tk
Cant understand this "how to". I should on the PC with fedora 18 system and fedora's repos get something with "pvops.qubes" in the name (because my dom0 kernel is 4.1.13-9.pvops.qubes.x86_64) ? How is that?

nezn...@xy9ce.tk

Nov 21, 2016, 3:52:38 AM11/21/16
to qubes-users, nezn...@xy9ce.tk
Anybody know how install the nvidia proprietary driver? Anybody did it?

Tai...@gmx.com

Nov 21, 2016, 3:57:52 AM11/21/16
to nezn...@xy9ce.tk, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Just as a tip you aren't likely to gain performance over the latest
versions of nouveau as everything on qubes is done via a VMM that
doesn't support 2d acceleration (including multimedia), considering the
security tradeoff (nvidia has no https and no hashes/sigs) it really
isn't worth it.

nezn...@xy9ce.tk

Nov 21, 2016, 7:11:56 AM11/21/16
to qubes-users, nezn...@xy9ce.tk, Tai...@gmx.com
but i can't to see youtube in the fullscreen mode and some similar services. Video just freezing, stuck and i hear only sound.

Grzesiek Chodzicki

Nov 21, 2016, 10:35:38 AM11/21/16
W dniu poniedziałek, 21 listopada 2016 13:11:56 UTC+1 użytkownik nezn...@xy9ce.tk napisał:
> but i can't to see youtube in the fullscreen mode and some similar services. Video just freezing, stuck and i hear only sound.

Did you enable fullscreen for the machine you use to watch youtube videos?
Message has been deleted

nezn...@xy9ce.tk

Nov 22, 2016, 1:23:15 PM11/22/16
to qubes-users, nezn...@xy9ce.tk, Tai...@gmx.com
> Did you enable fullscreen for the machine you use to watch youtube videos?

No, but even when i click "fullscreen" in the youtube in the window of firefox - i getting "stuck" video.
Also some video-services like Vimeo, Coub, Hitbox stream - i can't watch even without fullscreen

Grzesiek Chodzicki

Nov 22, 2016, 1:59:06 PM11/22/16
to qubes-users, nezn...@xy9ce.tk, Tai...@gmx.com
try adding the allow_fullscreen parameter in either qvm-prefs or in /etc/qubes/guid.conf file