HCL - Lenovo Thinkpad T460p

Stig Sandbeck Mathisen

Dec 26, 2016, 2:47:31 PM12/26/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've successfully installed Qubes OS 3.2 onto my laptop.

Video and audio playback works well, tested with random videos on Youtube.

Webcam and microphone works well, when set up through an usb qube, and
connected to a fresh videoconferencing qube.

The second nvidia graphics card in the laptop has not been tested yet.

Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20FWCTO1WW-20161226-201327.cpio.gz
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20FWCTO1WW-20161226-201327.yml

sti...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2016, 4:32:38 PM12/26/16
to qubes-users
Suspend works fine, resume does not work at all.

Updating from kernel 4.4.x to kernel 4.8.12 from the unstable repository reduced idle power usage from ~15 W to 8 W.

Tuning the power usage further with values recommended by powertop reduces power usage to 6.8 W.

mig...@bluefrostsecurity.de

Aug 23, 2017, 7:10:49 AM8/23/17
to qubes-users, sti...@gmail.com
I was unable to resume from suspend. After closing laptop lid, it is impossible to wake laptop back up.

Hugo Costa

Aug 24, 2017, 7:28:18 AM8/24/17
to qubes-users, sti...@gmail.com

Which programme do you use to check these values? I'm having a few battery problems with my Yoga S1

Stig Sandbeck Mathisen

Aug 26, 2017, 7:26:43 AM8/26/17
to Hugo Costa, qubes-users, sti...@gmail.com
Hello,

I used "powertop" to read those values and change some tuning parameters
interactively.

Run it as root in a console window, hit "tab" a few times to change
perspective, and see how altering each tuning value from inside the
program affects power usage.

Note that enabling power saving on, for instance, the mouse may turn off
its movement sensor until you click something. :)

Changing tuning parameters from inside powertop is not permanent, they
last until the next boot.

--
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen
https://fnord.no/

Hugo Costa

Aug 26, 2017, 11:09:22 AM8/26/17
to qubes-users, sti...@gmail.com, s...@fnord.no

Yeah, I digged around after posting, already setup a startup command with --auto-tune, my battery is so much better, I can't believe it! :) Thanks!

mig...@bluefrostsecurity.de

Aug 28, 2017, 3:02:06 AM8/28/17
to qubes-users, sti...@gmail.com, mig...@bluefrostsecurity.de

Resume from suspend works fine if you disable Vt-d from BIOS.