Can't find a guide to setup a new fedora-28 template

Sphere

Aug 7, 2018, 4:58:13 AM8/7/18
to qubes-users
So I just installed a new fedora-28 template in hopes of using it as the template for my sys-net and sys-firewall VMs but apparently seems there's still alot of manual configuration to do in the template before it becomes ready for that.

Could anyone provide me with a guide to do this?

Thanks in advance

Ivan Mitev

Aug 7, 2018, 5:13:49 AM8/7/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

On 08/07/2018 11:58 AM, Sphere wrote:
> So I just installed a new fedora-28 template in hopes of using it as the template for my sys-net and sys-firewall VMs but apparently seems there's still alot of manual configuration to do in the template before it becomes ready for that.

How did you install your fedora template ?

> Could anyone provide me with a guide to do this?

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/fedora/
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/fedora-minimal/

For instance all my fedora templates are based on the minimal template
with packages added to fit my needs, like so:

https://github.com/Qubes-Community/Contents/tree/master/docs/user-setups/taradiddles#vms-customization

> Thanks in advance

Mason Mullins

Aug 7, 2018, 3:26:26 PM8/7/18
to qubes-users
I installed the template and used Qube Manger to assign the VMs to it and it just worked.

Daniil .Travnikov

Aug 7, 2018, 5:30:10 PM8/7/18
to qubes-users

sm...@tutamail.com

Aug 8, 2018, 7:04:54 PM8/8/18
to qubes-users
Did you upgrade from Fedora 27 to Fedora 28:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/template/fedora/upgrade-27-to-28/

Or install a fresh template:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/fedora/

Sphere

Aug 13, 2018, 8:47:03 PM8/13/18
to qubes-users
Sorry for the late reply
I installed a fresh template and what happens when I assign it to Service VMs is that some terminal opens that's similar to what I see whenever I make a new Standalone VM that requires a CD-ROM/ISO to install an OS.

I recently have done upgrading fedora-26 to 27 and it works like a charm. Just gonna upgrade it to 28 I suppose though I do still want to know a way to make the fedora-28 template I installed work as it's much faster to jump to 28 than having to go through 27 which takes almost a whole day.