Can't go pasts the grub menu

dgdfjhfjh...@gmail.com

May 27, 2017, 5:08:21 AM5/27/17
to qubes-users
When I press on any of the 4 option (install quebes, test media and install quebes....) something flashes for milisecond (cant read it) and the same screen with the 4 options appears.

I tried the work around at:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/#f1

not sure if did it right but doesn't work.
here is pic of it:
http://imgur.com/a/Jr37B

So I can't even start the install.

I'm trying on a brand new PC, with latest i7, modern MB and everything brand new and latest models.

Booting from USB 3.0

dgdfjhfjh...@gmail.com

May 27, 2017, 6:37:32 AM5/27/17
to qubes-users, dgdfjhfjh...@gmail.com
Figured this one out and posting the solution for anyone else.

After full shutdown and power on, all the partitions of the USB drive showed up in the bios. Then I just selected the specific partition instead of the drive in general and it went just fine after that.

dqzdqzd

May 27, 2017, 3:40:32 PM5/27/17
to qubes-users, dgdfjhfjh...@gmail.com
I have the exact same problem I tried so many times never succeeded to pass the 4 options.
The usb boots, 4 options;
I press enter;
2 lines flash quickly and then back to square one

I m trying with the 3.2 version on an old acer.

I also tried your technique but didn't work. Did you use F12?

dgdfjhfjh...@gmail.com

May 27, 2017, 4:59:20 PM5/27/17
to qubes-users, dgdfjhfjh...@gmail.com

Well I entered my bios with delete and then selected the partition 1 of the USB drive and was all fine after that.

ghjgjgk

May 28, 2017, 12:32:58 PM5/28/17
to qubes-users, dgdfjhfjh...@gmail.com
ok finally succeeded if anyone still has this problem, I booted in legacy mode it then went through all the install and it worked.