Extract image file from Qubes 4.x

r.wie...@web.de

Oct 25, 2021, 5:28:36 AM10/25/21
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
In Qubes 4.x the images are no longer ordinary files accessible from the
dom0 file system. So how can I extract them as VM images (.img files in
Q 3.x) in Qubes 4.x? In the wiki I only find how to delete, but not how
to extract an image fom LVM. Thank you.

awokd

Oct 30, 2021, 2:55:02 PM10/30/21
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
r.wie...@web.de:
You can extract the raw private drive contents with something like:

sudo cp /dev/mapper/qubes_dom0-vm--vmname--private
/pathtodestinationfolder/vmname.raw

--
- don't top post
- trim quoted reply to only relevant portions

Ulrich Windl

Nov 4, 2021, 4:17:09 PM11/4/21
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Try "kpartx -va /dev/qubes-dom0/vm-..." for your favorite VM. That
creates device files for each partition, so you could mount those
(read-only).

See "man kpartx".