Will there be a gentoo template in the plans?

abnormal

Feb 23, 2018, 11:57:25 AM2/23/18
to qubes-users
Subj.

Frédéric Pierret (fepitre)

Feb 23, 2018, 12:57:13 PM2/23/18
to qubes-users
Le vendredi 23 février 2018 17:57:25 UTC+1, abnormal a écrit :
> Subj.

I started to work on it in December but there is still work to do. I only published the WIP on several branches of several packages but I currently kept the builder private.

This is far from being my priority so, from my side, I can not give any release date.

Also, please take you time to write. I would humbly recommend you to do a little message rather than "Subj." and a little smaller "Subject" like "Gentoo Template". Thank you.

Tim W

Feb 26, 2018, 6:22:38 PM2/26/18
to qubes-users
I worked on this way back qubes 3.0 but never got it finished a bit of a bear compared to others given the nature of build vs install. I greatly precer gentoo over arch but ended up usimg the later. Still much happier if gentoo got working.

Tim W

Feb 26, 2018, 6:23:32 PM2/26/18
to qubes-users
If you get it working I am happy 5o write up a hpw to doc for qubes doc.

Frédéric Pierret (fepitre)

Feb 27, 2018, 2:47:37 AM2/27/18
to qubes-users
Le mardi 27 février 2018 00:23:32 UTC+1, Tim W a écrit :
> If you get it working I am happy 5o write up a hpw to doc for qubes doc.

Thank you! Yesterday I was thinking about releasing a first pre-version of the builder-gentoo I've made to eventually be helped. If I remember I was ending on packaging linux-utils. So maybe I could ask to Andrew to open a project on qubes-issues or something like it to track the progress.

Tim W

Mar 2, 2018, 3:37:03 AM3/2/18
to qubes-users
That would be GREAT!! Its one if not my favorite distro. I also while I love the ease of management systemd has brought I do not like the virus like growth of it and bu buggy coding practices and nonunix mentaility. OpenRC to me is better example of what systemd should be.

Anyways great to see this move forward and happy to help with testing and doc work.

penk...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2018, 9:20:18 AM10/17/18
to qubes-users
I came across this post ... Is there actually a Gentoo template oder a portage-overlay with the necessary ebuilds?

The only overlay I know is "https://github.com/q3k/qubes-gentoo-overlay", but unfortunately it seems heavily outdated.

Regards