Genymotion in Qubes

pl1...@sigaint.org

Nov 12, 2016, 3:49:54 PM11/12/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Good day
I want to install an android emulator in Qubes and reading some review,
Genymotion is the best. The issue is that it run in Virtualbox, how can I
install it in Qubes?

Thanks

Sec Tester

Nov 12, 2016, 7:55:39 PM11/12/16
to qubes-users, pl1...@sigaint.org
Nice question. I would also like to know.

Have you setup a Win7 HVM?

This maybe be the best place to try setup Genymotion.

entr0py

Nov 12, 2016, 11:43:36 PM11/12/16
to Sec Tester, qubes-users, pl1...@sigaint.org
Sec Tester:
> pl1...@sigaint.org:
> Nice question. I would also like to know.
>
> Have you setup a Win7 HVM?
>
> This maybe be the best place to try setup Genymotion.

https://www.genymotion.com/faq/

May be theoretically possible but not for the faint-of-heart.

You would need to patch Xen to allow nested HVM, then use VGA-passthrough to give Genymotion a GPU.

Android on Qubes is not well supported (and probably shouldn't be).

There is a current thread discussing Android-x86 / RemixOS:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/frK8xaBh9pI

and Github issue:

pl1...@sigaint.org

Nov 16, 2016, 6:58:16 AM11/16/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
> Nice question. I would also like to know.
>
> Have you setup a Win7 HVM?
>
> This maybe be the best place to try setup Genymotion.

More simple should be use an emulator that doesn't require virtualbox in
windows7 because for linux I haven't find something