how to connect USB to standalone HVM Kali

bbbenjj...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2018, 7:56:03 AM8/11/18
to qubes-users
how to connect USB to standalone HVM Kali?

Djon Snow

Aug 12, 2018, 9:13:07 AM8/12/18
to qubes-users
суббота, 11 августа 2018 г., 14:56:03 UTC+3 пользователь Djon Snow написал:
> how to connect USB to standalone HVM Kali?

write - qrexec not connected

awokd

Aug 12, 2018, 5:05:35 PM8/12/18
to bbbenjj...@gmail.com, qubes-users
On Sat, August 11, 2018 11:56 am, bbbenjj...@gmail.com wrote:
> how to connect USB to standalone HVM Kali?

Try cloning debian-9 to a new standalone HVM, then installing Kali on top
of it.

Djon Snow

Aug 13, 2018, 2:36:37 AM8/13/18
to qubes-users
понедельник, 13 августа 2018 г., 0:05:35 UTC+3 пользователь awokd написал:
I tried to do so, but it does not work out, at half the load VM just turns off

awokd

Aug 13, 2018, 6:24:52 AM8/13/18
to Djon Snow, qubes-users

Djon Snow

Aug 13, 2018, 1:03:50 PM8/13/18
to qubes-users
понедельник, 13 августа 2018 г., 13:24:52 UTC+3 пользователь awokd написал:
I execute all commands, and at the very end, when the configuration of downloaded packages is already running, everything turns off. overload does not help

Djon Snow

Aug 14, 2018, 9:27:18 AM8/14/18
to qubes-users
понедельник, 13 августа 2018 г., 13:24:52 UTC+3 пользователь awokd написал:
kali.png

awokd

Aug 15, 2018, 7:09:21 AM8/15/18
to Djon Snow, qubes-users
On Mon, August 13, 2018 5:03 pm, Djon Snow wrote:
> понедельник, 13 августа 2018 г., 13:24:52 UTC+3 пользователь awokd
> написал:

>> At which step of
>> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/pentesting/kali/#katoolin3_2
>> or
>> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/pentesting/kali/#templatevm-from-debian3_2
>> ?
>>

> I execute all commands, and at the very end, when the configuration of
> downloaded packages is already running, everything turns off. overload
> does not help

Sounds like one of the packages is causing the VM to crash? Look at the
VM's log in /var/log/xen/console. You can also enable Debug Mode on the
Kali VM, repeat the package installation, then check the log again.