Package Updater giving me "No network connected detected"

O K

Sep 24, 2019, 4:20:38 PM9/24/19
to qubes-users
Other internet qubes work, Qubes Updater works, updates from dom0 terminal work.  I have no idea why it won't recognize the connection.  Any ideas on how to use Network Mgr to fix this?

awokd

Sep 24, 2019, 4:47:27 PM9/24/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
O K:
> Other internet qubes work, Qubes Updater works, updates from dom0 terminal
> work. I have no idea why it won't recognize the connection. Any ideas on
> how to use Network Mgr to fix this?

It doesn't work in templates. Use sudo dnf instead.

--
- don't top post
- trim quoted reply to only relevant portions

O K

Sep 24, 2019, 5:12:56 PM9/24/19
to qubes-users
Yes but I want to update from the Updater in the future.

awokd

Sep 25, 2019, 12:24:45 PM9/25/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
O K:
> Yes but I want to update from the Updater in the future.
>
> On Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 4:47:27 PM UTC-4, awokd wrote:
>>
>> O K:
>>> Other internet qubes work, Qubes Updater works, updates from dom0
>> terminal
>>> work. I have no idea why it won't recognize the connection. Any ideas
>> on
>>> how to use Network Mgr to fix this?
>>>
>> It doesn't work in templates. Use sudo dnf instead.

Might be https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/982. If you
really want it to work, might try to create a new issue linked to that
one and explain how it's not working, or figure out and submit a bugfix
to Qubes.