Does Qubes 4 allow a full (HVM?) VM to run in the background without connecting to its window?

David Schissler

Sep 1, 2017, 2:10:35 PM9/1/17
to qubes-users
Is it possible to run a server VM in Qubes 4 automatically on boot without it opening a window in the host OS? For example with virt-manager I can make server VMs autostart and then its window only comes up when I open it with the protocol.

Matty South

Sep 2, 2017, 10:21:42 AM9/2/17
to qubes-users
Possibly. Are we talking windows? Because "seamless gui" might do the trick.

David Schissler

Sep 2, 2017, 5:58:34 PM9/2/17
to qubes-users
On Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 7:21:42 AM UTC-7, Matty South wrote:
> Possibly. Are we talking windows? Because "seamless gui" might do the trick.

I'm thinking about Linux VMs running in the background without a connected window in the host OS. I only use Windows for the GUI.