HCL - Dell Precision M6800 Workstation

Jason ZenRiot

Nov 28, 2020, 3:42:23 PM11/28/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Qubes-HCL-Dell_Inc_-Precision_M6800-20201128-132528.yml
Qubes-HCL-Dell_Inc_-Precision_M6800-20201128-132528.cpio.gz

Andrew David Wong

Nov 28, 2020, 3:59:29 PM11/28/20
to Jason ZenRiot, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 11/28/20 12:41 PM, Jason ZenRiot wrote:
> I'm a bit of a Qubes novice, this is my first setup and Ive been up and
> running for about 4 months now, so I've poked into most of the corners, tho
> not too deep.
> Easy install, stable AF and pretty fast. I'm not terribly impressed with
> playback performance with multiple video streams. But I'm running three 27"
> displays off a laptop so I have no business complaining about the refresh
> rate. Near as I can tell ALL of the hardware is supported from first boot.
> Audio, video, USB, all elements fully functional, I'm pretty sure the TPM
> is not being utilized, but thats probably due to me not knowing a lot
> still.I am struggling to get my solokey setup, but thats def an id10T
> issue...
>
> I highly recommend this platform, its a little heavy for a laptop, but its
> got a BIG sexy screen, 3 yes three drive bays (1 msata, two 2.5 SATA3)
> DVDBurner, modular video card upgrades available NVidia K4000 or ATI
> Firebolt and VGA, HDMI, and DisplayPort supporting 2 external displays
> without the docking station which provides support for a fourth ($15 on
> ebay) 5 USB3 ports, and it all f'in works with Qubes...
>
> I see refirbs onsale now in the $500-$800 area... Festivus is upon us...
> shouldn't SOMETHING be easy in 2020? :-D
> Hello,I am JayDogg, and with this submission, I am joining the
> community...Its really good to be here... because apparently there's no
> time to lose.

Welcome to the community, and thanks for your report! Glad to hear it's
working well.

--
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS