Qubes 4 does not see my RAID 5 disk but 3.2 does

Paf LeGeek

Mar 29, 2018, 2:32:59 PM3/29/18
to qubes-users
Hello,

I installed Qubes OS 4 (final release) today, but it does not see my 3 disks array RAID 5 (encrypted with luks) even with the command "sudo pvs".
It's an hardware RAID on a Asus Sabertooth 990FX V2 motherboard.

So I got back to the Qubes OS 3.2 version which see the RAID 5 disk without any problem.

Any idea ?

Thanks

awokd

Mar 29, 2018, 6:57:44 PM3/29/18
to Paf LeGeek, qubes-users
Random ideas (from inside 4.0):
- check sudo lspci -v and see if it loaded the driver for your controller
- unless you added it to crypttab after installing 4.0, you might have to
run cryptsetup to decrypt it before LVM can detect it

Paf LeGeek

Mar 30, 2018, 2:05:53 AM3/30/18
to qubes-users
Thanks for your answer. I will try that. I dont understand why Anaconda see the disk during installation, but Qubes OS 4 does not see the disk after installation. It does not make sense. :/

Tai...@gmx.com

Mar 30, 2018, 3:51:39 AM3/30/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Curious are you using real hardware RAID via a PCI-e card or
on-motherboard module (eg: SAS2008) or the SoftRAID option presented via
a BIOS option ROM?
0xDF372A17.asc

Paf LeGeek

Mar 30, 2018, 5:31:54 AM3/30/18
to qubes-users
I use the motherboard BIOS legacy ROM and it works on 3.2 version so I was expecting it to work on the 4 version. May be I should try with a PCI card.

Paf LeGeek

Mar 30, 2018, 3:22:23 PM3/30/18
to qubes-users
Le vendredi 30 mars 2018 00:57:44 UTC+2, awokd a écrit :
I just did sudo lspci -v and i confirm that the RAID Controler is loaded in RAID5 mode.

awokd

Mar 30, 2018, 5:12:30 PM3/30/18
to Paf LeGeek, qubes-users
Were you able to open it with cryptsetup? Is it showing up in /dev?

Paf LeGeek

Mar 31, 2018, 3:16:06 AM3/31/18
to qubes-users
No, it's not showing in /dev. Thanks for your help but after 3 days trying to use Qubes OS 4, I gave up and decided to go back to the 3.2 version witch work perfectly for me. There is a few things I dont like in the 4 version, like the new Qubes Manager. I love Qubes OS but this is not what I was expecting. So I will wait for the next version (or update). Thanks again.