how do you clear "move/copy to other app vm" context windows

cubit

Aug 16, 2018, 2:32:38 PM8/16/18
to Qubes Users
Is there a way to copy the suggested VMs in the "move/copy to other app vm" as I have a few entries that no longer exist and would like to get rid of them?

CuBit

John S.Recdep

Aug 16, 2018, 11:27:35 PM8/16/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 08/16/2018 08:32 AM, cubit wrote:
> Is there a way to copy the suggested VMs in the "move/copy to other app vm" as I have a few entries that no longer exist and would like to get rid of them?
>

> CuBit

I suppose you've tried qvm-sync-appmenus in dom0

and/or in the VMM "refresh applications" ....

though, just a wild guess not an educated one

cubit

Aug 17, 2018, 3:34:24 AM8/17/18
to John S.Recdep, qubes...@googlegroups.com
17. Aug 2018 03:24 by yre...@riseup.net:

I think I was not too clear.   In the file browsers (nautilus) there is a right click context menu option to copy or move a file to another appvm.  I am trying to find how to clear these dialog boxes of the appvm names that are saved in them.

CuBit

John S.Recdep

Aug 17, 2018, 3:00:35 PM8/17/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 08/16/2018 09:34 PM, cubit wrote:
> 17. Aug 2018 03:24 by yrebstv-sGOZH3h...@public.gmane.org <mailto:yrebstv-sGOZH3h...@public.gmane.org>:
And it's Qubes 4.0 ?

In 3.2 I remember a problem like this , I recall someone in here,
probably Tasket, saying the ability to go and manually remove old
removed VM references was now gone.

If it is 3.2 it may be possible to do it manually, in 4.0 better ask
Unman or Awokd .....

awokd

Aug 17, 2018, 5:34:30 PM8/17/18
to John S.Recdep, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, not sure. Didn't see any open or closed issue
(https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues) on it though. Maybe open a new
one?

Unman

Aug 18, 2018, 7:23:01 AM8/18/18
to cubit, Qubes Users
On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 08:32:35PM +0200, cubit wrote:
> Is there a way to copy the suggested VMs in the "move/copy to other app vm" as I have a few entries that no longer exist and would like to get rid of them?
>

> CuBit

Those aren't "suggested": they are taken from list of available qubes,
and I don't think they are cached.

Just to be clear, you have run 'qvm-remove foo', foo no longer appears
in the QubeManager, you cannot run a program in foo by (e.g) 'qvm-run -a foo
xterm', but foo appears in the drop down list for policy checking?

What is result of qvm-ls?
What happens if you select foo as a target?
Can you 'qvm-create foo'?

cubit

Aug 20, 2018, 6:16:09 AM8/20/18
to Unman, Qubes Users
18. Aug 2018 11:22 by un...@thirdeyesecurity.org:
On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 08:32:35PM +0200, cubit wrote:
Is there a way to copy the suggested VMs in the "move/copy to other app vm" as I have a few entries that no longer exist and would like to get rid of them?

CuBit

Those aren't "suggested": they are taken from list of available qubes,
and I don't think they are cached.

Just to be clear, you have run 'qvm-remove foo', foo no longer appears
in the QubeManager, you cannot run a program in foo by (e.g) 'qvm-run -a foo
xterm', but foo appears in the drop down list for policy checking?

Thank you Unman,  this is on Qubes 3.2 maybe working differently

I have entries in the "suggested" list which includes old AppVM that no longer exist and even incomplete entries where I was too quick to hit return to send a file.  Example  I have "vaul"  (no such appvm ever exist) and "vault" (does exist appvm)

CuBit

Unman

Aug 20, 2018, 8:09:27 PM8/20/18
to cubit, Qubes Users
On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 12:16:05PM +0200, cubit wrote:
> 18. Aug 2018 11:22 by un...@thirdeyesecurity.org <mailto:un...@thirdeyesecurity.org>:
Ah, OK - on 3.2 the lists were indeed cached on the calling qube.

The rogue entries are stored in ~/.config/qvm-mru-filecopy in the qube
you are trying to copy from.
You can just edit that file to remove them from the list.

cubit

Aug 22, 2018, 1:49:10 PM8/22/18
to Unman, Qubes Users
21. Aug 2018 00:09 by un...@thirdeyesecurity.org:

Ah, OK - on 3.2 the lists were indeed cached on the calling qube.

The rogue entries are stored in ~/.config/qvm-mru-filecopy in the qube
you are trying to copy from.
You can just edit that file to remove them from the list.

Thank you! Sanity restored :-)