Qubes OS 4.0-rc5 has been released!

Andrew David Wong

Mar 6, 2018, 8:03:04 PM3/6/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, qubes...@googlegroups.com

Dear Qubes Community,

We're pleased to announce the fifth release candidate for Qubes 4.0!
This release contains bug fixes for the issues discovered in the
[previous release candidate][4.0-rc4]. A full list of the Qubes 4.0
issues closed so far is available [here][closed-issues]. Further
details about this release, including full installation instructions,
are available in the [Qubes 4.0 release notes][release-notes]. The new
installation image is available on the [Downloads] page.

As always, we're immensely grateful to our community of testers for
taking the time to [discover and report bugs]. Thanks to your efforts,
we're able to fix these bugs *before* the final release of Qubes 4.0. We
encourage you to continue diligently testing this fourth release
candidate so that we can work together to improve Qubes 4.0 before the
stable release.

The Qubes 4.0 stable release
- ----------------------------

If the testing of 4.0-rc5 does not reveal any major problems, we hope to
declare it the stable 4.0 release without any further significant
changes. In this scenario, any bugs discovered during the testing
process would be fixed in subsequent updates.

If, on the other hand, a major issue is discovered, we will continue
with the standard [release schedule], and Qubes 4.0 stable will be a
separate, later release.

Current Qubes 4.0 Users
- -----------------------

Current users of Qubes 4.0-rc4 can upgrade in-place by downloading the
latest updates from the testing repositories in both
[dom0][dom0-testing] and [TemplateVMs][domU-testing].

[4.0-rc4]: https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2018/01/31/qubes-40-rc4/
[closed-issues]: https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%22Release+4.0%22+is%3Aclosed
[release-notes]: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/releases/4.0/release-notes/
[Downloads]: https://www.qubes-os.org/downloads/
[discover and report bugs]: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/reporting-bugs/
[release schedule]: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/version-scheme/#release-schedule
[dom0-testing]: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/software-update-dom0/#testing-repositories
[domU-testing]: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/software-update-vm/#testing-repositories

This announcement is also available on the Qubes website:
https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2018/03/06/qubes-40-rc5/

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS
https://www.qubes-os.org

brenda...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2018, 8:33:37 PM3/6/18
to qubes-devel
On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 8:03:04 PM UTC-5, Andrew David Wong wrote:

> Dear Qubes Community,
>
> We're pleased to announce the fifth release candidate for Qubes 4.0!

Huzzah!

Brendan