Fedora Template Kernel-Upgrades

ei...@posteo.de

Mar 9, 2021, 5:20:23 PM3/9/21
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

When updating my fedora templates automatically a kernel-upgrade is very
often included, slowing down the process a lot.

I get the impression that these new kernels are actually never put to
use, as the running kernel obviously remains the one provided by dom0.

Would it not be safe to simply exclude the kernels when updating or am i
missing something?

Thanks a lot!

Frédéric Pierret

Mar 9, 2021, 6:15:41 PM3/9/21
to ei...@posteo.de, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Le 3/9/21 à 11:20 PM, ei...@posteo.de a écrit :
If you don't use in-VM kernel (setting 'none' as kernel in VM settings and with HVM mode), you can safely exclude the Fedora kernel update if no other dependencies requires explicitly a Fedora kernel version.

Indeed, Fedora is building latest kernels very actively also because there is a huge recent activities due to bugs/blocking issues.

Best,
Frédéric

OpenPGP_signature

sgsg